Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bushels O Produce


I decided to look at the Jalapeños Wednesday night after I read about the way to tell if they are ripe or not. Well, it turns out that 36 of them were ripe :) So I put on a pair of rubber gloves to protect myself from the oils which can burn, and clipped those babies off.

I also took only the absolutely ripest tomatoes off the plants as well. I have decided to let them go as long as I can since I am giving a majority of them to friends and neighbors. This way we dont waste any that don't mature quite right off the vine.


This is just a closeup of some of the Jalapeños that I picked. I took a bunch more black and whites of them as well. There is something cool about the sheen and reflection of light off the smooth peppers, but they come out looking really amazing. I will have to do an abstract day on the blog :)


The Big Boy's are starting to mature. As I was assuming, they take their time. This shot was taken Monday, and the tomato on the right is still not fully ripe. I am guessing maybe Sunday/Monday before I will be able to pick this baby. There are a few more coming too, the onslaught is about to commence.


I am still trying to get a good shot of the mess in the northeast corner of the garden where the Heirloom and the Juliet's are enmeshed, but I havent gotten a good one. This is the best shot I have. The only thing you can really tell is there isnt much to be discerned.... i.e. its a mess.

More harvesting today/tomorrow/sunday, I will update over the weekend at some point with numbers, and maybe a new dollar/cost/average.

No comments: