Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Squirrels and some great close ups


I am not 100% sure who did it, but something too a HUGE bite out of the aforementioned strawberry. And now, its no long viable. I walked out to the garden yesterday to find this scene with the strawberry still hanging from the vine. Needless to say, I was disappointed. However, I think this is a very good lesson for the future. This is going to happen, and there is nothing I can do to stop it. The good news is that when it comes to tomatoes, peppers, and broccoli, I dont think all the animals in the neighborhood will be able to consume everything :)

I rented a 60mm macro lens from here . I have used this place before, and its a great way to get a test drive out of a lens you might be interested in. SO, I took it out for a spin this evening after I got home from work, and I have to say, I am very impressed. Its a different style of shooting, having a fixed distance, but when you get it right, its really fantastic. I got several more great shots of some of the flowers in the area left over from 2 owners ago, and I think I will find many uses for this. Its should be a great way to document the maturation of the garden.



Young Strawberry. Adjunct garden in our yard.


Blueberries getting going. These were flowers 3 weeks ago. Hoping to get 8 0r 9 :)


Grapes. These are white grapes, if our weather stays this cool, they could get quite big.


The size of this tomato in this picture is deceiving. This is a very small tomato, maybe the size of a dime in diameter.

No comments: