Friday, June 5, 2009

The Culprit


I walked into the garden last night and what do I see?!?!? This furry guy staring at me wondering why I was in his garden. After we stared at each other down for a few seconds we both started to realized that he shouldn't be in there. So I slowly shooed him out of the garden to see if he would go out the way he came. After a few minutes of coaching, I got him to get the heck out, and sure enough, he went out under the front gate. You can be sure that I will be spending some time this weekend working on getting that gate rabbit proofed a little better.

Meanwhile, when the little bugger was in the garden, he managed to eat the second best strawberry that was just a few days from harvest as well. Little opportunists is what they are : ).

If I continue to have problems, I am going to borrow some cat hair from my sister to settle into the garden edges in the hopes that it will be a further deterrant to their entering the garden.

I havent mentioned much about the rain water tanks yet, but I did water the garden with them last night. I will detail them a little more over the weekend.

No comments: