Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Strawberry Flowers

We are moving along through week 3 in the garden and there is some pretty good growth with the four strawberry plants. All of them have flowers growing on them, and one has upwards of 6 going!! I am definitely noticing that as the weather warms up and the ground is drying out, that these plants seem to suffer more from a lack of moisture then any of the others planted. I have been letting the plants indicate when they need water (droopiness, curling leave tips) but I think I am going to have to keep watering the strawberries everyday.

I finally finished the first and most painful round of weeding yesterday afternoon. It only took 4 total hours!! I think it should be pretty simple from here on out as I will continue to turn the soil more frequently to help prevent the new little weeks from popping up.

I "planted" and matte of butterfly flowers last weekend. I will detail that later this week.

No comments: