Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Garden Layout



I know this is incredibly dorky and ridiculous of me, but I am going to do this anyway. Above is a layout of the garden as its planted now. The original intention was to have more of a variety of plants this year, but I decided to try my luck with plants that are a little more resilient while getting my feet wet with the whole gardening thing.

That being said, you will see LOTS of tomatoes and peppers. I tried to go for variety with both so I can see what grows easier then others, and more specifically, what we find works best for us to eat. So we have four kinds of tomatoes, four kinds of peppers (including a metric ton of Jalapenos), and then a smattering of strawberries, broccoli, and blueberries. The blueberries and white grape plants aren't expected to fruit much this year, but the blueberry plants should bear quite a bit of fruit next year.

I will update the chart as things are added/deleted, as I fully expect to lose a few plants in this process, and I will replace it with something else.

No comments: