Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Moving In The Right Direction


We had our meeting this afternoon with Joe. We talked about the couple of changes that Jen and I had talked about, and some of the seemed to ring true with him so we instituted them. Also, as we moved through this version and went floor by floor to talk about the space, we made some further changes, and we are steaming towards our first set of drawings produced in CAD! Yes, this is the point where you shake your head and say Dave is a dork. But, this is where things are really going to get interesting, and where we will be forced to really nail down how big the spaces on each floor are really going to be. To this point, they are just hand drawn lines with a basic space concept based on using a ruler to delineate the actual distance. With the main living space, and more specifically the kitchen still in flux this is going to push us into making decisions fast. I would say that we are set on about 95% of the setup of the interior spaces to this point.


The best part of the meeting was when Joe shared our first conceptual elevation drawings. As I said yesterday, I truly think this is going to be THE tough decision design wise. I have to say that I really like the first drawing, and where we are heading with this. A lot of the exterior decisions are not going to be as much form as they are going to be in color and material choices. I think that Jen and I have ideas in our head, but bearing them out on paper will be different.

I will be posting the changed/updated drawings next week when I get the updates. For now, enjoy a weekend without my rambling : )

No comments: