Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Empty Inside....

Its not how I feel necessarily.....just how the house looks. We are basically down to the core structure of the home. The only things that are left to be taken out is the hardwood flooring, the cement floor in the basement, and the exterior fascia. I know I have said it before....its crazy how small this place is with no walls in place.


This is the 1st floor standing in what will be the main living area looking back towards the kitchen. There used to be a fireplace where that hole in the floor is, and its no longer there.



This is where the chimney used to come up to through the second floor into the roof. We are removing this so we can straighten the stairs and make the upstairs more open.


First floors standing in the dining area looking aback at the front of the house. Its starting to give the idea of just how wide open we are going to have the first floor. Hopefully some of the things we are doing for spacial definition will help make the space look bigger.

Why the picture of pavement close up? This is a photo I have sent to the local "ward" office in an effort to prove that my street has not been resurfaced in the last 5yrs. I am being told that I will have to pay a penalty for opening the street to update the water service since it has been resurfaced in the last 5yrs. I am arguing that it has not been resurfaced in the last 5yrs and they have confused our side of the street with the other side.

I am headed back to the city office later this morning for another meeting....hoping to be a step closer to obtaining my building permit for the build out.

No comments: