Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Plaster Madness!!



Thats right. Tons and tons of plaster. And the easiest way to get it down? Tear it down to the floor, then shovel it out to the dumpster. Not a pretty job (depending on your vantage point). I keep thinking that if I was 9 again, I might really enjoy playing around in the pseudo moon / post nuclear war world. Alas, I am not 9 (most days). We are less then a week into the demolition and the guys are making great progress. Even though some of the walls had drywall on them, there was plaster under them. Therefore, all of the walls have the slats on them. That means the guys are having to do the demolition in two stages - take the plaster down and scoop it out, then take down the slats. Once we swap out the dumpsters tomorrow, I have a feeling things are really going to speed up. I wouldt be shocked if the majority of the house would be ready for non-destructive work by the second week of July. I hope.

Enjoy the pics, more to come over the weekend, will be very interesting to see how they rip out the fireplace / chimney.




First floor living area


Standing in Astor's room looking up


Looking into the main room (all of these interior walls are going)


Moon scene

No comments: